Same old story. You check all your daily websites- Facebook, emails, Twitter, and favorite blogs- and then you go into a slump. Nothing else you need to check out, and so much time on your hand. Well, we’ve got a solution for you. In comes our “Khaleejesque Hot-Clicks” section, in which we scour the Internet for the latest must check out sites and initiatives then introduce them to you. From shopping sites to news sites with everything in between- local, regional and international; all catered and aimed at you, our Khaleejesque Readers. Tune in for our periodic hot-clicks listings, and email us at email@example.com with Hot-Clicks in the subject line if you have links you’d like to propose or curate your own Hot-Clicks segment.
This Week's Hot-Clicks segment is curated by Budour of the Oven Experiments blog. Budour is a self confessed food addict, with a successful blog dedicated to food and cooking, or in other words her experiments in the world of cooking; one with successful results we should add.
As Budour puts it, "There are now thousands of food blogs available online. What you will find below is a list of my top five food-clicks that have inspired me to start The Oven Experiments and keep inspiring me to keep going.":
- Cannelle Et Vanille : This blog not only features food recipes, that I promise are not as intimidating as they look, but also beautiful photography and food styling. Canelle et vanille is truly a feast to the eye. A food styling and photography workshop was recently announced on the blog, so watch out for further details.
- Smitten Kitchen: Home-style cooking and using fresh and local ingredients is the basis of this food blog. If you’re looking for a quick dinner idea, a banana bread recipe or a cookie recipe then this is the right place for you. Smitten kitchen is a collection of comfort food cooking.
- The New York Times Style Magazine:A style magazine that features fashion, design, travel, culture and food from around the world. It is my go to place to search for new trendy restaurants and cafes, and the coolest shops, before heading to a new city. For all coffee lovers, check out their ristretto column. It focuses on innovative coffee making gadgets and some old forgotten ones.
- From Me to You : This photography blog is no ordinary one. What you see are magical photographs that come alive. Jamie of From Me To You, calls them cinemagraphs. Not only is she a talented photographer but a cook as well! Check her Dinner & A Movie section for both the stunning food photography and the easy recipes.
- FOODPRESS: If you’re new to the food blogging world, Foodpress is a great way to explore. The editors at FoodPress daily select food posts from different blogs, hosted on WordPress.com, for both your viewing and experimentation pleasure.
Khaleejesque would love to thank Budour for her contribution. Check out her Oven Experiments blog for more delicious recipes and odes to food.