Khaleejesque is an award-winning Kuwait-based publishing brand that highlights the dynamic creative and cultural scene of the Arab Gulf countries through inspiring content, engaging events, and thought-provoking exhibitions.
In an age where media representation is crucial to encourage cultural dialogue, our aim is to showcase inspirational people, projects, and initiatives to a local, regional, and international audience.
The Khaleejesque team believes in presenting quality content and experiences to our readers wherever they may be. We grow through creativity, innovation, and curiosity. We integrate honesty, integrity, and passion into all aspects of our work. Ultimately, we're motivated to make a change in our community through the power of storytelling.
We’re always looking for contributors who are as dedicated to our cause and welcome any, and all, submissions.
What we're looking for
- Areas of expertise: We’re looking for journalists, writers, researchers, visual artists, and translators who are passionate about: creative work, cultural studies, creative and social entrepreneurship, cultural tourism, culture and regeneration, urban culture, visual culture, art criticism, craftsmanship, artistry, curation, identity and place, etc.
- Types of articles: We publish a variety of articles online and in print which include interviews, profiles, in-depth reports, photo essays, and op-eds. If you have an idea and are unsure how to present it, we’d be happy to discuss it with you.
- Style of writing: We look for writing that is informed, engaging, well-researched, and personable. We pride ourselves in publishing valuable articles that are often used as reliable resources.
- Article and abstract (if applicable): We review completed work as well as commission specific articles. If you’d like to submit a piece you’ve written, share the full work in the form below. If you’d like to pitch us an article idea or submit a longer piece of research or op-ed, include the pitch and/or abstract of the work in the form below.
- Word Count: While the length depends on the type of article, on average shorter pieces run between 400-600 words while longer features are between 800-1200 words.
- Language: We publish articles in both English and Arabic so feel free to submit in one or both languages. Work submitted in either language may be selected to be translated under the discretion of the editorial team.
- Visual material: Visuals are key in any story and help illustrate the subject matter. If you’re submitting visual material as well, please make sure that you include full credits. Otherwise, our team will source images or create illustrations to accompany the article.
- Exclusivity: Every piece we publish is thoroughly reviewed, edited, and translated, so we prioritize work that will be published exclusively on our platforms.
- How to submit: Fill in the form below and our editorial team will be in contact with you. If you’d like to submit various files or are having trouble with the form, please email info (a) khaleejesque.me
- Post-submission: Please allow us up to 2 weeks to get back to you. Our editorial team will contact you if your work has been selected. We may respond with feedback or notes on work that hasn’t been selected depending on our schedule.
- Copyrights: Work that has been commissioned by Khaleejesque Media Est. and produced by a third-party is the intellectual property of Khaleejesque Media Est. and is protected by copyright. No part of published content may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of Khaleejesque Media Est. except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles or reviews.
- Compensation: Work exclusively commissioned by and for Khaleejesque Media. Est is compensated under the discretion of the editorial board. We currently do not compensate for op-ed contributions or work that has been previously published on other platforms.