In our mission to bridge Khaleeji Culture, inspire, and enlighten our Readers, we’ve introduced a new series of articles. Titled Panorama, these articles will spotlight and feature a mix of different Khaleeji personalities from the Gulf and give you a sneak peak into their world. If you’d like to nominate someone to showcase on Panorama, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This week’s panorama participant is our personal favorite regional fashion blogger, Confashions from Kuwait.
1) Tell us a little about yourself…
I’m a Kuwaiti female fashion blogger who devours anything related to fashion the way football fanatics devour Champions league. I have started my blog in 2007 as an outlet for my fashion addiction and I don’t know where I’m going as a fashion blogger yet, but I do know that I love what I do. I’m also happy that my hard work and commitment to the blog has really opened up new opportunities.
2) What do you like most about your hometown- Kuwait?
My family and friends.
3) Who’s one person you look up to regionally and internationally?
* Regionally: My parents who have always sacrificed their happiness for our own fulfillment.
* Internationally: Net-A-Porter founder Natalie Massenet for her vision, innovation, hard work, and determination.
4) Since you’re a Fashion Blogger, let’s talk fashion. What do you think are staple closet items that can go from season to season?
Accessories; Shoes, handbags, statement necklaces, rings, and cuffs.
5) What are you over fashion-wise And what are you lusting over?
I’m so over the Birkin (for now). I’m lusting over Solange Azagury-Partridge Hot lips lacquered sterling silver ring and Celine’s box bag.
6) What’s your favorite quote?
“I don’t design dresses. I design dreams.” by Ralph Lauren
7) What in your opinion are the best places in Kuwait to:
* Shop: It’s hard to choose one only! So I’m going to pick 4. For highstreet I would say The Avenues and for High end designers: Al Othman and for cutting Edge Fashion Boutique 4. And finally my sisters’ closets.
* Eat: There’s nothing like a good ol’ home cooked meal.
* People watch: Any café at 360 Mall or the Avenues for brunch.
* Soak in some culture: Dar Al Funoon.
Are you hooked yet? Then check out her blog at www.confashionsfromkuwait.com