It’s that time of the year again, where we cut as much junk out of our daily diets to fit into those skimpy summer-y outfits and beach wear. But what do you do when you’re at the beach and the only options you have are those sugary high calorie loaded snacks?
Skip those and try some of our suggestions. We assure you, they’re healthy, delicious and will help you beat that bulge.
- The Watermelon: Cube it, crescent it, or simply just dig in. The ultimate beach snack and thirst quencher, you can’t go wrong with “raggy.”
- Smoothies: Drop that soda, and opt for something healthier. Fresh fruit smoothies mixed with dairy will not only fulfill your appetite, but will give you that dose of daily required vitamins and minerals. Drink up.
- Skip the ice cream, and all that sugar and go for ice lollies. Easy to make – just pick your favorite fruit juice, pour it into any ice lolly mold and freeze.
- Fro-Yo: A better alternative to ice-cream, you can either pick up frozen yoghurt or just eat plain chilled yogurt mixed with fruits.
- Chilled Sliced Fruits: Kiwis, pineapples, honeydew, strawberries, mangoes, bunch of grapes. Slice them up, arrange on a plate, add the bunch of grapes and chill in the fridge. You can even cube them and skewer them as fruit kebabs. Perfect guilt-free snacks.
- Banana Lollies: Slice a banana in half, stick in a popsickle stick, dip in melted dark chocolate, arrange on a plate and freeze. Enjoy.
- Fruit Flavored Icy Water: Pour some water into a jug, add a bunch of ice cubes, add some thinly sliced lemons & oranges (including rind). There are many variations to this: peaches, blueberries, cranberries, anything really!