Sharjah Art Foundation announced the structure and dates of Sharjah Biennial 13, "Tamawuj." It will unfold in five parts, having started in October 2016, and continuing until October 2017. It will include exhibitions and a public programme in two acts in Sharjah and Beirut; a year-long educational programme in Sharjah; projects in Dakar, Ramallah, Istanbul and Beirut; and an online publishing platform.
The dates announced are:
● January 8, 2017: Off-site project in Dakar (around the theme of water)
● March 10 – 14, 2017: Opening of Sharjah Biennial 13 Act I, featuring the SB13 exhibition
and programme in Sharjah; exhibition runs through June 12, 2017
● May 13, 2017: Off-site project in Istanbul (around the theme of crops)
● August 10, 2017: Off-site project in Ramallah (around the theme of earth)
● October 15, 2017: Off-site project in Beirut (around the theme of culinary)
● October 19, 2017: Sharjah Biennial 13 Act II, culminating exhibitions and programmes in Beirut
For more information please visit the Sharjah Art Foundation website.