Purple, exotic and Brazilian. No, it's not samba dancers on the streets of Rio. We are here to tell you about one of the most delicious and most exotic fruits you will ever taste, Acai. Ever wanted to taste fruit that is full of necessary and healthy nutrients and still so delicious? Then Acai is the fruit for you. It's one of the healthiest fruits you can ever include in your diet, if not the healthiest one! Read on to learn more about it, and to find out where you can taste this super fruit in Kuwait. It's one of the latest health crazes in the country. And you can join in too!
What is Acai Berry?
Acai Berry is the latest super food doctors and fitness experts are celebrating worldwide. A dark purple fruit that comes from a palm tree found in the Amazon jungles of Brazil, Acai berry pronounced “ah-sigh-eee” is one of the best natural antioxidants available and can be eaten raw or juiced.
What are the benefits of including Acai Berry in a diet?
Not only does it provide the body with essential nutrients such as amino acids, healthy fats, carbohydrates, proteins, polyunsaturated fatty acids omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9, minerals like iron, potassium, zinc and calcium and vitamin C, E and B group among others. Acai berry consumption has also been proven to strengthen the nervous system, help treat cardiovascular disorders and boost energy levels.
In Brazil, it’s mainly consumed either as a smoothie or in a form similar to porridge or sorbet and is a popular breakfast, desert or snack with granola, oats, nuts and fruits. It can also be juiced and blended with different fruits to create refreshing and light smoothies; perfect for hot summer days.
Because Açai expires after 48 hours, the freshest form available is a concentrated pulp form; this is how it’s sold in Brazil and this is how local company ‘Acai Brazil’ supplies it in Kuwait. The Acai pulp is top notch, where only the best fruit is processed using state of the art facilities.
Here’s a list of places where you can find Acai Berry Smoothies and Juices around Kuwait:
– Corniche Club (Sha’ab – Gulf Road)
– Taiba Hosiptal (Sabah Al Salem)
– Dahya CO-OP Juice stores (Daheyat Abdullah Al Salem, Al Nuzha)
– Club Fit (Al Babtain Complex Mezzanine 2, Sharq)
– Dr. Juice (Sha’ab)
– Castle Juice (Souq Salmiya)
– Mango Talat CO OP Juice Stores (Qadisiya, Al Zahra, Heteen, Al Rumaithiya, Khaldiya).
– Juice World CO OP Stores (Surra, Dasma, Daeya, Mansooriya, Shamiya and Shuwaikh B, Saad Abdullah, Salaam and Siddeeq)
– Toot Berry (Haroon Al Rasheed St, Maidan Hawalli)
– Mix Berry (Al Safat Tower by Qadisiya Club, Hawalli)
– Napket (Al Babtain Complex in Sharq, Avenues Mall)
– Froobie (Al Babtain Complex in Sharq)
– Toot & Mish2 Juice Stores (Kayfan CO OP, Bin Khaldoon street in Hawalli)
– Farwaniya Arbeed Plaza, Salmiya, Amro Bin Al Aas Street (Restaurant Street)
You can also order your own batch of Acai Berry Pulp and mix your own shakes and drinks, just call 97279904 for home delivery.
For more information on the Acai Berry fruit, Acai Berry juice and ways you can incorporate it into your diet check out Acai Brazil’s website at www.acaimena.com.