The Golden Globes for 2012 was definitely a year of impeccable looks, but also one for some non-compassionate fails. Everyone has an opinion, so it comes as no wonder that when it comes to awards season, we find ourselves bombarded with contradicting reports of who looked good, who failed and who failed to make the cut. Herewith are our picks for the 69th annual Golden Globes Best, Worst, and don’t know what to think dressed.
- No one can deny that Charlize Theron looked stunning in her pale blush Dior Couture gown, with belted bow detail finished and a slit that showed some leg. She finished her look with a beautiful ‘do, a sparkly headband and flawless makeup. Head-to-toe stunner!
- Sofia Vergara did her banging curves justice in a peacock-colored Vera Wang gown.
- Shailene Woodley was striking in a mermaid-inspired Marchesa gown, with a sheer layer of tulle draped over the shimmery sequined form-fitting dress.
- Claire Danes' was a showstopper in her J. Mendel gown. The black and ivory column dress with beaded shoulders and a sparkly cutout back detail showed off the actress’s fine form.
- Emma Stone kicked it up a notch in this unique and sultry Lanvin look. Purple and fuchsia, with an eagle-emblazoned belt, Stone was a total knockout in this number.
- Jessica Chastain in a white Givenchy gown looked more washed away than wow.
- Lea Michele showing off more than a sneak peek in her Marchesa gown. I am all for daring, but leave something for the imagination!
- Sarah Michelle Gellar dip-dyed and lost in her tie-dye-inspired Monique Lhuillier gown.
- 14 years later and Madonna came back to traumatize us in her Reem Acra gown.
- Zooey Deschanel in a one-of-a-kind Prada dress. I’m a huge fan of having a pop of color, but the color combination of her dress was more Halloween than chic. Can’t help but think she looks like a possessed Stepford wife with that hair?
- Sharon Osbourne: just say no to wearing your curtains on the red carpet.
- Maria Menounos: stunning lady. Ugly dress. Not a fan of the banana look.
And that sums up my personal choices and commentaries. What were yours?
– Ghadeer Al-Otaibi