Fashion Forward (FFWD), an event aimed towards developing a dynamic and sustainable platform for regional fashion, will be held in Dubai at Madinat Jumeirah from 26th April to 29th April, 2013.
This year will mark the inaugural debut of the event, which is organized and founded by the people behind Brag, a leading experiential live marketing and event management agency, who recognizing the need for a dynamic and sustainable platform in the Middle East's fashion industry. It will be an opportunity for both established and emerging designers in the Middle East to showcase their work to consumers, buyers, media and other industry professionals.
FFWD includes a vibrant program and schedule of events including fashion shows, workshops, and discussion panels in collaboration with leading global fashion institutions.
“The Middle East has a wealth of design talent living and working across the region, as well as tremendous retail infrastructure and a keen base of shoppers – what we lack is a fashion movement to take the industry forward. Fashion Forward (FFWD) has been created to address the development of the regional fashion sector as a whole – from identifying and fostering emerging designers to recognizing more established design houses, while furthering fashion debate, education and industry momentum,” said Bong Guerrero, Creative Director and chairman of Fashion Forward (FFWD) and managing partner of Brag.
The fashion shows that will take place at FFWD include designers based in various cities in the Middle East such as Beirut, Dubai, Kuwait, and Riyadh. Among those designers and design houses are:
- Ayesha Depala – Women's ready-to-wear, couture, and bridal designer.
- C'est Moi! – Women's ready-to-wear line of glamorous pieces for all shapes and sizes.
- Dina Jsr – Lebanese designer with a collection of cocktail and evening gowns.
- Emperor 1688 – Luxury menswear brand with innovative designs.
- Essa – UAE-based ready-to-wear designer for both women and men.
- Ezra – Couture brand based in Dubai with a focus on luxury dresses.
- Furne One – Dubai-based designer with an international following.
- Golkar Couture – Emirates-based couturier that emphasizes on luxury and extravagance.
- KAGE – A contemporary chic womenswear fashion label stocked in countless cities.
- Michael Cinco – Dubai-based designer popular for his remarkable dresses.
- Rami Al Ali – Syrian-born couturier who has showcased his stunning gowns in Paris.
- Ronald – Lebanese ready-to-wear, couture and bridal designer.
- Tahir Sultan – Kuwaiti womenswear designer stocked internationally including Dubai, India, UK.
- Zayan – Ready-to-wear brand with a flirtatious and feminine aesthetic.
“The enthusiasm with which Fashion Forward has been received by designers based in the Middle East underscores the demand for an inclusive, vibrant, and professionally-managed fashion movement for the region,” added Guerrero, noting the importance of such an event in the Middle East.
FFWD’s first edition will take place from 26-29 April 2013 at Madeinat Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE.
For more information visit www.fashionforward.ae
– Staff Writer