This Ramadan, more than 15 Mövenpick hotels across the Middle East and North Africa will be participating in “A Kilo of Kindness” campaign that combines the public’s generosity with the needs of the less fortunate.
Each Mövenpick property will be supporting a special charity that will benefit from donated non-perishable food items, which people and organizations are encouraged to drop off at the lobbies of the participating hotels.
The requested food items include canned foods: tuna, soup, fruit and vegetables; dry food: rice, beans, oats, pasta, cereals, flour, powdered milk, and tea; non-glass packaged food: olive oil, canola oil, and honey; and baby food: milk formula, and infant cereal.
Participating hotels and their charities are:
• All Jordan hotels, including Dead Sea, Aqaba, Tala Bay and Petra with Tkiyet Um Ali which provides food and humanitarian aid.
• Mövenpick Hotel Bahrain with Palm Association, which provides food for less privileged families.
• Mövenpick Resort Al Nawras Jeddah with Saudi Autistic Society, which provides care for autistic children and support to their families.
• Mövenpick Hotel Al Khobar with ITA'AM – Saudi food bank, which helps feed the underprivileged by distributing excess food from hotels.
• Mövenpick Hotel West Bay Doha with Qatar Charity, an organisation dedicated to carrying out humanitarian and development programmes to fight poverty.
• Mövenpick Hotel Gammarth Tunis with Assabil Association, which supports orphaned children.
• Mövenpick Hotel Malabata Tanger with Association
• Mövenpick Hotel Malabata Tanger with Association Assadaka, which supports children suffering from Trisomy.
• Mövenpick Hotel Casablanca with SOS Children's Villages Association, which provides children with a family environment where they can thrive.
• Mövenpick Hotel Ramallah with Al Bireh Women's Arab Union Society, which offers assistance to people by improving their educational and health levels. The “A Kilo of Kindness” campaign is a part of a larger global corporate social responsibility program, Shine, belonging to Mövenpick Hotel and Resorts.