Pretty Little Things is back this week with a summer edition called "Too Cool for School". This Kuwaiti social shopping event is a popular mark on local Kuwaiti and Khaleeji calendars giving it a regional following and making it a favorite function to many PLT enthusiasts. Curated and planned by Noaf Hussein of Pretty Little Things, the shopping event is – in Hussein's words – “a way for creatives, the curious, and those who appreciate the smallest of nuances to get together.” Not only does it promote entrepreunership, and aid in connecting brands to potential buyers, it's also a social affair on it's own right.
This time around, the "Too Cool for School" edition will also include a variety of local and regional vendors and brands. Kuwaiti brands taking part include:
- Khaleejesque Magazine, we'll be there with copies of our latest issue "The Fashion Issue" up for grabs!
- Mashmoom Concept Store, a soon to be launched home concept store
- Rola's Beauty Lounge, which will have live beauty demonstrations
- Muneera Al Sharhan, the Rhode Island School of Design graduate with an art installation and new collection of Jewelry
- Au Nom De La Rose, who will be making fresh flower crowns and jasmine necklaces
- Al Sarraf Decor, the local shop known for their variety of wallpaper will be launching their new homeware collection
- The New UNcreatives, a soon-to-be-launched concept store with super cool one-off items from around the world
- Ooba, a Kuwaiti line specialized in handmade goods, cross stitching, and linens
- Dana Al Hilal, the artist and co-founder of Nuqat will be participating with her beautiful paintings
- Bohemiah, a newly launched modern bohemian clothing line
- Red Sofa, a mix of modern and vintage hand painted plates, coffee cups, incense burners, side tables and more
- Moni & J, a brand that sells luxury handbags
- Je La La, a fine jewelry line created by Lulwa Al Terkait, established in 2009
- Villa Des Fleurs, one of the most innovative flower concept store in Kuwait
As for regional and international brands taking part, they include:
- LaSuna, Saudi casual wear label
- Annada, Bahraini brand of art scarves
- Fida Art, Saudi mixed media artist
- Dima Jewelry, Cairo-based jeweler also stocked in Harvey Nichols London
- Green Bar Inc, Bahraini line of luxe botanical beauty products
- Razan Al Azzouni, Saudi label this time coming with some beautiful summer kaftans
- Aamaya By Priyanka Lugani, London based accessories brand
As for food? Local Italian restaurant Melanzane and the divine Magnolia Bakery will be there to satisfy our hunger needs.
The "Too Cool for School" PLT edition will be held at Bayt Lothan in Kuwait from the 7th-9th of May 2013 from 4:00PM to 10:00PM daily.
For more information about the event check out PLT's Facebook Page.