Lidewij Edelkoort is one of the most famous trend forecasters, she travels around the world studying the socio-cultural trends before sharing the information with her clients in the fashion, banking, insurance companies, textiles and food under her company Trend Union. Edelkoort also creates trend books two years ahead, which are used as design tools by various designers and marketers of international brands, they are sold to companies from Armani to Zegna. She has worked with world class brands from various industries and has proposed business development ideas for Lacoste which included expanding into new fields outside of fashion.
After establishing the Designhuis (a cultural centre for the promotion of design) and directing the Design Academy Eindhoven from 1998-2008, she proved that both a city and a region can benefit from expanding its horizons creatively, socially, economically and culturally.
The highlights of Edelkoort’s career include:
- Establishing the School of Form, a new design school in Poznan, Poland that has a curriculum that merges the study of design & humanities.
- Following her work at the Design Academy Eindhoven, she has advised the region of Wallonia and the cities of Genk (Belgium) and Como (Italy) on the socio-economic benefits of the interaction between creativity and innovation.
- Her magazines; View on Colour , InView & Bloom have redefined the publishing medium, they are considered trend tools by many creative professional and avid amateurs.
- Edelkoort is the co-founder of the humanitarian foundation Heartwear that has provided her knowledge of craft and sustainability.
- The TIME magazine has named her as one of the world’s 25 Most Influential People
- Fashion and Icon Magazine named her as one of the 30 Most Influential People in Design.
- Edelkoort was honored with the Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres in France.
- She is a renowned curator for various memorable shows in Chicago, Stockholm & Moscow.
- Launching an interactive online trend forum called Trend Tablet.
The event will be hosted by FN Designs on the 19th of March 2012, from 11am-3pm, at Al Serkal Avenue in Al Quoz.