London College of Fashion (LCF) and Chelsea College of Art and Design, both prestigious UK based fashion and interior design colleges, are returning to the Middle East to hold another series of Short Courses between the 17th – 31stMay 2012 in response to the vast demand. LCF will host 14 courses with Chelsea offering 8 in total. All courses and workshops will be taking place at The Pullman Dubai, Mall of the Emirates.
A special seminar will be held for the first time titled “Your Future in Fashion” which will act as an introduction to the fashion industry allowing attendees to explore the different facets of fashion and how to get a better idea on where to start a career. LCF will also be offering the Special Occasion Makeup course taught by international celebrity makeup artist Lucy Wearing. The courses are designed for those who seek international standards of tuition from lecturers from the UK.
The aim of both colleges is to support the development of the interior and fashion design industries in the Middle East; they have designed courses offering something to both professionals within these fields or people interested in joining them.
Since 2010, LCF has held four short course programs in the Middle East due to the increased demand from both local and expat residents. The high profile tutors for LCF include designer Richard Sorger whose collection is worn by stars like Jennifer Lopez and Heidi Klum.
The 14 LCF courses and consultancy sessions on offer for the May 2012 program cover the full spectrum of fashion education:
- Your Future in Fashion: One Day Seminar
- Essential Guide to the Fashion Industry (2 Days)
- Fashion: History, Culture & Society (4 Days)
- Fashion Buying & Merchandising (4 Evenings)
- Fashion Buying for your own Retail Business (3 Days)
- Special Occasion Makeup (3 Days)
- Principles of Fashion Styling 1 (5 Days)
- Principles of Fashion Styling 2 (4 Days)
- Fashion Design 1 (4 Days)
- Fibres & Fabrics (2 Days)
- Manufacturing Methods (1 Day)
- Starting your own Fashion Label (5 Evenings)
- Globalizing your Fashion Brand (3 Days)
- Luxury Fashion Brand Management (5 Evenings)
- Fashion PR (2 Days)
- Business Start-Up Consultancy (90 Minutes)
The tutors from Chelsea include Lyndall Fernie, who has run her own successful interior design company and designed many residential projects, Sue McGregor, an interior designer for Interior Statements and Debbie Blandford who has worked in numerous multi-sector interiors projects for clients including the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The eight courses offered by CCAD are:
- The Principles of Interior Design 1 (5 days)
- The Principles of Interior Design 2 (5 Days)
- Starting an Interior Design Business (2 Evenings)
- Lighting Design for interiors (2 days)
- Designing Bespoke Fitted Furniture (4 evenings)
- Creating a Colour Scheme for your Home (2 days)
- Decorating your Villa or Apartment (3 days)
- Interior Design Project Management Consultancy (90 Minutes)
Both colleges offer a 10% discount on the courses if booked online by the 17th of April using the code DUBAI10
For more information regarding each course please visit:
www.fashion.arts.ac.uk/shortcourses/middle-east or call; + 44 (0)20 7514 7552
www.chelsea.arts.ac.uk/shortcourses/middle-east or call; + 44 (0)20 7514 2104